top of page

These terms are for custom commissions. Any simple orders that aren’t custom made are standard procedure of sale subject to usual UK consumer law.

Terms of Service
These terms are in place to protect both the seller and the buyer where possible, and to help maintain a consistent work schedule.

By agreeing to the below terms and conditions, you are agreeing by law to abide by them throughout the process of any purchase or commission of any product from Furry Tailor. Any breach of these terms may result in cancellation of the project or sale, and a partial refund given upon review of the breach.

We will not complete any sales or custom orders with anyone under the age of 18 years. If you continue with a commission from me after being directed to this page, you agree that you are over the age of 18, and that you agree with these terms of service.

- the first 25% of the total is non-refundable, once that point is crossed I'll order the materials and your slot is secured. Sometimes I allow the slot to be secured with less if a payment plan is in place, but the non-refundable amount will always be 25%. For items with value under £500 the non-refundable amount is 50%..

- Let me know as soon as you are aware if you need to miss a payment, at most you can extend your payment plan and skip 2 months in an emergency. Likewise, I may delay completion for 2 months in an emergency. We must have an open conversation and agree to any extension up to or beyond this. Two months past your completion date is the most I can guarantee and I am very unlikely to extend it further than this. Your commission will not be sent until I have received payment in full.

- For anything that requires participation your end, please be timely in your responses and provide measurements when asked. As a rule my preference is to receive your measurements and duct tape dummy 6 weeks prior to your start date. If you delay production to such a point it impacts other clients I will have to cancel, a 2 week notice as an opportunity to remedy this will be given if this is becoming a problem,

- If you should have to cancel or cannot complete payment after 2 months after the fursuit is made, I will refund anything above that non-refundable amount, tweak the design and sell the fursuit as a premade.

- If your items get lost in the post it is my responsibility to remake/refund you in full.


- If I need to cancel on my side for any reason I will send any completed or partly completed work and all materials bought for use on your project and I will refund you in full for any work not yet done. You may wish to tell me the order you would like your suit to be made at the start. As far as practicable I will use this as a guide so that in the case of cancellation the most important parts are worked on first, and if you want the parts sooner for an event you can request I send the individual parts as they are completed.

- 5 hours of repairs are included, including the first return shipping. The next 5 are £5/hr then £20/hr thereafter. I'll quote you for repairs before starting them. If repairs are needed at a convention I'm at this is possible but adds an extra £10/hr to the rate so quotes will be higher. If anything needs repair please don’t hesitate to contact me.

We strive for 100% satisfaction, if you’re unhappy with your order please let us know and we will strive to make it right. Mipsy likes berries. We may consider a refund of up to everything except the non-refundable amount if you cover postage and return the items in the condition they arrived, within 14 days of receipt. This is for extreme cases if we are at fault and at our discretion, if it is simply a change of heart or needing the funds back we would not give this maximum refund, but may still offer a smaller exchange.

We live in a smoke free home. We do have a cat, Kira, and though she is not allowed into the work room if you're severely allergic to cats you may wish to avoid commissioning us.


If you are buying from the UK shipping is included in our prices, all quotes given assume the client is buying from the UK and thus requires UK shipping. If you would like to collect it from me in person at an event please arrange this with me ahead of time. If you are buying from outside the UK you'll need to tell us this so we can adjust the quote to include shipping to you. We include shipping charges in the quote but we are also not responsible for any customs fees you may incur. An approximation is to expect customs fees to be around 20% to the US and 32% to Europe.

Thank you,
Mipsy / Charna Hodson

bottom of page